It's safe to say that Shell motorcycling lubricants has always been the top choice for our Philippine bikers out there. Even with all the aftermarket oils available, Shell has always been the go-to brand and with good reason. Affordable, reliable and it definitely gets the job done. So I got all giddy when I got invited to the launching of Shell's new motorcycle engine oil. Shell just gave our bikers another reason to be excited for their next oil change! And being a major Shell fan girl, I felt like I was going to a red carpet event!
Okay, okay... I'm not going to keep you waiting. So without further ado my biker boys and gals, Shell proudly gives you... Shell Advance Ultra with PurePlus Technology... oh yeah...(pause for reaction)
Looks delicious right? But what is PurePlus Technology anyway?
PurePlus Technology is a process that turns gas into liquid (GTL). This revolutionary process has been developing for over 40 years. Shell takes a natural gas, methane, and converts it into the base oil, which makes up 70 to 90 percent of the composition of the motor oil. And since it is converted from natural gas, it virtually has none of the impurities you would get from crude oil. And as if that wasn't enough, it is further combined with Shell's Active Cleansing Technology that cleans and protects your motorcycle engine at the same time. Pretty fantastic right? It's like Shell lubricants has decided to step onto the red carpet au naturale, and she is stunning!
"This is a revolutionary product in the motorcycle engine oil market. With a natural gas-based technology, a clean and pure starting point, we have basically re-imagined and reinvented our synthetic lubricants, and enhanced our products' performance," - Dennis Javier, Shell Lubricants Business Manager for Thailand and Philippines
It excites me every time I imagine it. Imagine an engine oil converted from natural gas. It's like giving your motorcycle organic blood. So clean, you could almost eat it. Not really, but you know what I mean. :)
So how cool is Shell Advance Ultra with PurePlus Technology.. let me count the ways...
- With it's enhanced oil viscosity, it maintains the engine performance no matter what the temperature is. So your bike will get a smoother engine start up and warms it up quicker.
- It provides improved defense in engine sludge build-up. Such magic words. Because sludge and engine deposits work hand in hand in killing an engine. And anyone who loves their motorcycle baby is not gonna let that happen.
- With Active Cleansing Technology, it cleans as it it lubricates your motorcycle engine. Housekeeping is 24-7 with this oil.
- It lasts twice as long as the typical oil change interval. So you know how much ka-chings you will save right?
- More power- Shell Advance is superior is reducing friction. Allowing your bike's engine to perform optimally and helps it stay there. I'm pretty sure you would be tempted to squeeze on that gas a little more mister racer.
- Last but definitely not the least, it improves fuel efficiency. With less friction in your bike's engine, it would literally be a well-oiled machine. And a well-oiled machine burns fuel more efficiently. Shell Advance Ultra with PurePlus Technology gives your bike an average of 5km more per litre of fuel. Now with rising gas prices, that's a big hooray.
"As a result, your bike's engine is able to consistently perform at its peak and stays in grade until the next oil change so that you can enjoy every ride. With an ever increasing number of motorcycles on Philippine roads, we believe Shell Advance Ultra with PurePlus Technology will improve the riding experiences of the bikers, given the varied climatic and geographical conditions of the country." - Dennis Javier, Shell Lubricants Business Manager for Thailand and Philippines
|With Ducati Corse Team's top driver, Andrea Lanonne. Ladies.. isn't he such a cutie? :)|
Hhhmmm... "race-bred oils", that sounds so sexy. We all know that Shell is in close partnership with Ducati in MotoGP, and with more than 150 race wins under their belt, it has become one of the most respected partnerships in motorsports. Shell oil has been protecting Ducati engines for 17 years now and Shell will continue to supply bespoke fuels to Ducati until 2016.
Now I shall give you some privacy as you admire these Ducati beauties displayed at the Shell Advance launch...
Imagine an engine oil tested by these kick butt Ducati bikes running through your motorcycle baby's veins. The ease of those pistons happily giving it all the horsepower it needs (and more) and a well-deserved squeaky clean up each and every time you start that motor. Aaahhh... heaven. Nothing beats the feeling of knowing that your engine is in good lubricated hands.
|I got mine!!! :)|
I don't know about you but I'm sold. I can't think of any good reason not to try the new Shell Advance Ultra with PurePlus Technology. Unless maybe if you don't want to feel like a MotoGP Ducati racer.
|Of course, I had to take a photo against the Shell advance paparazzi wall! :)|